Thursday, June 30, 2011

Project 31 Day 7: Encouragement

Day 7.  Write a blog to encourage another beautiful woman
1 Thessalonians 5:11
So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.


 When I think about beautiful women in my life I think of several people, but for this post I want to focus on my beautiful sister.  My younger sister, Melissa, and I are two years apart but close as ever.  If you were to know the two of us you would quickly realize that we are complete opposites, but completely related at the same time.  My sister is not only gorgeous on the outside but has a free spirit, a strong will, and a beautiful heart.  Currently she is getting ready to start her final year of college where she is studying social work.  She has a giving spirit and desires to help young women and young adults through her career as a social worker.  She is continuously growing and I notice new changes in her every time I see her.  She is doing amazing in school and is becoming a stronger woman daily.  I am so proud of you!
  
One thing I adore about my sister is her sense of humor.  Melissa, never lose your sense of humor, continue to crack yourself up, and be goofy.  I love being goofy with my sister.  It is one of my favorite things.  I get very giddy when I know my sister is coming home for a visit and I know that I can be myself when she is around.  She knows me, my flaws and all and yet continues to stand by me.  From a mutual love of Taylor Swift to a connectedness through corny jokes, our friendship and relationship has grown stronger over the years.  I think the world would be a sad place without sisters.  We fight with each other, share secrets that sprouted in childhood, support one another unconditionally, share clothes, laugh together, sing loudly in the car, and have a bond like no other.  Melissa, I am so proud of you.  Continue to shine inside and out.  I admire you and know that God is doing great things in your life.  I can't wait to see you next week for the T-Swizzle concert! 

No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...