Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Good Life




I went to eat at Chick-fil-a last night and as I was ordering I hear the customer beside me ask the cashier how he was doing.  The cashier's response caught my ear and caught a cord in my heart.  He said "I'm blessed, so I'm good".  Now, the common response would be the expected "I'm fine", but his response really struck me and I felt convicted.  

This past week has been somewhat stressful and I find myself becoming pessimistic and dwelling on the things I lack.  Does anyone else have moments, days, weeks like this?    I know we all deal with it, but it is our mindset that can determine how we work through it.  By the cashier saying he's blessed, it made me realize that I have been so focused on what I don't have that I forget about how blessed I am.  I think if we could train our minds and actions to answer to automatically filter out the negative thoughts and focus on the blessing, we would have much better days, at least I would.  Easier said than done, right?  It is mindblowing to me how the Lord can use a simple action from a somewhat routine experience to speak to me.  Furthermore, to solidify that God was trying to tell me something I hear the above song on my way home, Good Life by OneRepublic.  I mean this really is the good life, what do I have to complain about?  I love these lyrics, particularly:
Hopelessly
I feel like there might be something that I'll miss
Hopelessly
I feel like the window closes oh so quick
Hopelessly
I'm taking a mental picture of you now
'Cuz hopelessly
The hope is we have so much to feel good about
Thank you Lord for speaking to me through unordinary yet ordinary means and I pray that I would continue to listen to your calling and to seek you through my mindset and actions.  I pray that I would focus on the blessing, so that I may be a blessing to someone else.  Thank you for your steadfast patience with my selfish heart and I pray that You would continue to mold me into the woman You want me to be.    

No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...