Sunday, June 5, 2011

Project 31 Day 3: Stay Beautiful

Day 3: Who is someone you know who inspires beauty?




 Ok, I know it said "someone you know", but I have to write this post about someone who is inspiring from far away.  It might sound cheesy, but Taylor Swift really does inspire beauty.  She is as genuine as she is talented and obviously gorgeous.  She truly is a positive role model for young girls and does not fall into the mainstream life of stardom.  Even though she is a couple of years younger than me she is inspiring to me.  She is not afraid to be herself in an industry that so often calls women to be objectified and to fit into a sexualized mold.  She inspires women of all ages to be comfortable in their own skin and to believe that beauty is not a one-size-fits-all quality.  Her songs are positive, without cursing or derogatory lyrics and she is not afraid to speak her mind, which is something I would like to be able to do more often.  Her music is so relevant for women and for what women struggle with.  I really do admire her for taking the risk to be a different type of female celebrity and for being a fearless woman.  Taylor Swift is my favorite musician and a woman that inspires beauty from the inside out.  So, even though I do not know Taylor Swift personally I do respect her platform as an artist and what she stands for when it comes to beauty.  Keep it up Taylor because you are inspiring the beauty within me and so many other women around the world.  I'll see you in concert July 8!




 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Taylor Swift too and I agree with what you wrote about her! She inspires me too =).

And your blog also inspires me!

Thank you for sharing!

I wish I could be at her concert too!

Kristen said...

LOVE Taylor Swift! I've seen her in concert a couple of times now (I'm right outside of Nashville!) and she is great!

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...