Friday, June 24, 2011

Project 31 Day 6: Jaded Beauty

Day 6: Has the world's definition of beauty ever jaded you?
 Every day the world's idea of beauty impacts my idea of beauty.  Women are bombarded on a daily basis with what the world believes is beauty.  Size 2, blonde, blemish and cellulite free, sex kitten, quiet and unheard, the list goes on and on.  I think one of the main ways that the world has jaded my idea of beauty is that beauty is only a physical characteristic.  A woman's beauty is not seen in her confidence or ability to stand up for herself, her independence, or her intelligence.  

Growing up, I was a goody-goody and a little nerdy.  These adjectives are not a part of the world's definition of beauty.  I grew up thinking that I could not be both confident and strong and be beautiful.  I did not see my beauty until I was much older, like in the last couple of years.  I still struggle with trying to fit into the world's narrow keyhole of beauty and often wonder why I even try.  I still have days where I let the world define my beauty.  I don't want to be defined by the world's sense of beauty; I want to be defined by my creator's idea of beauty.  Being a virtuous, faithful, strong woman of the Lord who sees herself as fearfully and wonderfully made.  For I am a masterpiece in the eyes of my Creator, whereas here I might be ordinary or lacking in the beauty department.  I want to be fearless, inspired, healthy, strong, bold, not size 2, sex kitten, unrealistic, and expected.  

 

No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...