Tuesday, July 3, 2012

It's a Wrap

Recently, I have really gotten into making wraps. While in San Diego I had a delicious spinach wrap and it inspired me to make my own. They are a healthy lunch or dinner option and you can customize them however you want. Here are a couple that I have enjoyed this summer. 

Spinach Salad Wrap:
Ingredients: Spinach wrap
                       Spinach leaves
                       Grapes (or you could substitute cranberries)
                       Chopped walnuts or pecans
                       Chicken
                       Cheese crumbles (I use goat cheese)
                       Dressing of your choice (I like Balsamic Vin. or Lite Ranch)

Toss all of the ingredients with your dressing and wrap 'em up!

Buffalo Chicken Wrap:
Ingredients: Spinach Wraps
                       Shredded chicken breast
                       4 TBSP Frank's Red Hot Sauce
                       1/2 tsp. italian seasoning
                       Ranch Dressing (I used Lite)
                       Shredded cheddar cheese
                       Spinach leaves

Boil the chicken breasts and shred.  Toss chicken with hot sauce and italian seasoning.  Heat wraps in microwave for 20 seconds (put a paper towel between wraps on plate to keep moist).  Put ranch dressing on wrap.  Add spinach leaves and chicken.   Top with cheese.  Enjoy!




No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...