Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Get Crafty

I am in the thick of summer vacation and loving it, but sometimes I get bored.  Yesterday, I made the decision to tap into my crafty side.  I've been wanting to make a wreath for months now.  First, it was a fall wreath, then spring, and now it's summer and I still have no wreath.  Well gosh darn it, I needed a wreath.  I set out to Pinterest to look for inspiration last week and came up with a vague idea of what I wanted to do.  I knew I wanted to incorporate bright colors and handmade rosettes of some sort.  I couldn't decide if I wanted to do a fabric wrapped wreath or a yarn wrapped one.  I ultimately settled on yarn.  I am really thrilled with how it turned out!  I feel so accomplished when I complete a project.

Materials:
Wreath- I got a wrapped straw wreath from AC Moore for less than $3
1 Skein of Yarn
Glue Gun and sticks
Fabric or felt to make your rosettes
Ribbon to use for hanging



How to:
1. Wrap your wreath with the yarn.  It doesn't have to be perfect the first time you go around.  I went back around to cover up holes that I missed the first time.  Make sure you start by gluing the end of the yarn on the back of wreath.  Once you finish, glue the other end down as well.




2. Once your wreath is completely wrapped, begin to make your decorations.  I made fabric and felt rosettes using this Tutorial.  



3. Embelish your wreath.  I chose to put them on the lower "corner" in a cluster, but you can do it any way you want.  Pinterest has a ton of ideas.  You also want to add your ribbon to hang it by.  







4.  Voila!  You have yourself a pretty summery wreath.  




What crafts have you all been doing this summer??


 

No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...