I saw this idea just surfing the internet and thought it would be fun to answer some random Christmas questions. We all have different traditions, likes and dislikes, and holiday quirks. So here you go, my Christmas answers.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I think wrapping paper is more fun, I like ripping it off, but if it is a difficult item to wrap, then definitely baggin it.
2. Real tree or artificial? DEFINITELY real tree. I grew up having real trees. I love the smell and going to pick it out (even if it is from Home Depot).
|Last year's tree, more to come on this year's|
3. When do you put up the tree? AFTER THANKSGIVING, not a moment before. This is a big thing for me. I like to celebrate Thanksgiving and then move on to Christmas.
4. When do you take the tree down? We take it down after New Year's. I like to have a good month or so to enjoy it.
5. Do you like eggnog? NO, GROSS. I much prefer hot tea, hot chocolate, or apple cider.
6. Hardest person to buy for?Brandon and my dad. Men are so difficult!
7.. Easiest person to buy for? My sister is pretty easy to shop for. I know what she likes and she doesn't hesitate to tell me what she wants.
8.. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I love opening the mail and seeing fun Christmas cards to open.
9. Favorite Christmas movie? Elf! I'm not into the cheesy Christmas movies, but Elf is so cute.
10. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I'm usually late. Maybe middle of December we start. I know, I know.
11. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My parents always make steak dinner and Brandon's mom makes lots of little fun desserts like mint brownies, peanut butter balls, and fudge. Oh, and Brandon always makes his delicious french toast Christmas morning!
12. Clear lights or colored lights on the tree? Growing up, we had colored lights, but Brandon and I decorate in all white. I like the wintery feeling of white lights. (more pictures to come of our decorations!)
13. Favorite Christmas song? I love Oh Holy Night. It's such a powerful song and such a testament to what Christmas is all about.
14. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We always stay home. Both of our families live here, so no need to travel. Although, I really want to travel somewhere tropical one year for Christmas in the sun.
15. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both. We have my extended family's celebration on Christmas Eve, but immediate families on Christmas day.
16. Favorite festive event?I love going to the Christmas Eve service at church. It is a great way to enter the day and to celebrate our Savior's birth! Plus, they always have really fun creative elements. This year's theme is Code Orange Christmas.