Sunday, November 18, 2012

Color Me Happy


On Saturday, I participated in my first 5k, the Color Run!!  It was so amazingly fun!  If you haven't heard of the Color Run, it is a 5k run that has color stations along the route.  At every station volunteers douse you in colored powder.  By the end of the race you look like a rainbow!  Brandon and I got to run it with another couple from our small group from church and one of their family members.  We are so blessed to have amazing friends who made this so much fun.  

I got my colorful socks ready, my sweatband, and my clean white shirt just waiting to be colorified.  The start line is a huge dance party and the run was also a lot of fun.  There were a lot of hills along the route, but hey it was a great workout.  At the finish line we headed to the color party, which is essentially a huge dance party.  Every 10 minutes or so they do a color throw.  Each runner got a packet of colored powder.  On the signal everyone throws their color in the air to create a huge colorful cloud that rains down on you.  In one word- Fantastic!!!  This was the most fun I have had in a long time.  Next on our list of runs, the Electric Run in April.  So pumped!! 

Before




During


After











 It really is the happiest 5k on the planet!!!

3 comments:

Tamara said...

I was there!! And I swear we were right behind you... we saw people rolling on the ground in the yellow! Must have been you guys!

Brianna Tucker said...

I wish I could have gone! What is the electric run??

rkjalernpan said...

I did the one in Knoxville this year. It was FANTASTIC!

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...