Monday, August 8, 2011

Follow

 
I have decided to follow Jesus. Though none go with me I still will follow.  I have decided to follow Jesus.  

Our church has started a new series called Follow.  It's all about taking up your cross and following Christ.  This weekend we held spontaneous baptisms.  The staff provided shorts, t-shirts, underwear, hair ties, hair dryers, lotion...basically anything to take the excuses away.  Pastor Furtick had a powerful message about doing it God's way, not man's way and then called people to get up out of their seats and go get baptized, right then and there.  I had the privilege to volunteer during this event.  Brandon and I serve as ushers and this was our week to serve and it was amazing to witness.  Hundreds of people at our campus alone got out of their seats and walked out the doors to the tanks that awaited them and were baptized as believers of Christ.  Over two days, 11 worship experiences, across 4 campuses 1,426 people stood in faith and followed Christ in baptism.  I cannot tell you the power of these moments today.  I am so thankful that I serve a God who calls people where they are to follow him.  I am so blessed to be a part of this movement of God in our city.  

Follow from Elevation Church on Vimeo.





via

7 comments:

Jennifer Rod said...

wow amazing! i get goosebumps... praise God for what he did!!

Unknown said...

This is amazing!!! God is so awesome!!!

Steph said...

found you via 20sb.net and just noticed you go to elevation. i'm in charlotte too so i just thought i would say hey! small world! :)

i have to say that sounds like a pretty powerful experience.

Laura said...

Visiting from 20sb. This is totally amazing. and what a wonderful day to volunteer.

Kristen said...

Totally cried watching that video. What a wonderful experience to be a part of!

Laura Darling said...

This made me tear up!

Rachel said...

Oh wow...love this! Baptisms always make me cry!

Rachel @ www.vicarswifeintraining.blogspot.com

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...