Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Provision



For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11

I am coming to a time of transition in my life.  I will be graduating from my master's program in a little less than three weeks.  Being a natural born planner, a bit of a control freak, and a semi Type A personality (at least I'm honest about it)  :)  I have a tendency to get stressed out when I don't know what the next step is.  All I have ever known is going to school.  Getting up, putting in my time in the classroom and internships, and writing countless research papers.  Now that I will finally have a degree that allows me to enter the "real world" I have to face the future.  The only problem is, the future is uncertain right now.  I have been wishing for the day to come when school would be over, but now that it's here, I am freaking out.  Change is not easy and adaptation can be our enemy.  

Being a school counselor in a tight economy is not necessarily a great recipe for job hunting.  People keep telling me to be patient, that things will open up over the summer.  I want to believe them, but patience isn't always a strong point for me.  I am trying my best to trust in the Lord's plan for me.  I know the Lord will provide in His time in His way.  My favorite verse in the Bible is Philippians 4:6 Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.   I pray for the Lord to allow me to give up my worries to Him.  I pray that He will open a door for me to be able to do what I love, to be able to contribute financially to my family, and to be able to glorify Him through it all.  Yes, it may be stressful and it is uncertain, but the reward will be great.  God's provision is inevitable, we just have to trust and believe in it.

1 comment:

Leslie&Michael said...

I will be praying for you in your next step. We are in the same position right now, so I know the feeling! The Lord will provide sweet friend.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...