Friday, April 29, 2011

Every Wedding a Royal Wedding


Okay, Okay, I admit it, I am one of those girls who loves sappy love stories and can't fall out of love with weddings.  Even after planning my own for 11 months I still enjoy watching wedding shows and helping friends plan their own.  So, naturally the royal wedding took its place on my DVR this morning.  I loved it.  The gorgeous gown, a beaming bride, the look in the groom's eyes when she reached the altar, but my favorite part was the address given by The Bishop of London.  He said

"every wedding is a royal wedding with the bride and groom as king and queen of creation, making a  new life together so that life can flow through them into the future... The spiritual life grows as love finds its centre beyond ourselves. Faithful and committed relationships offer a door into the mystery of spiritual life in which we discover this: the more we give of self, the richer we become in soul; the more we go beyond ourselves in love, the more we become our true selves and our spiritual beauty is more fully revealed. In marriage we are seeking to bring one another into fuller life."

I love these words and the purity behind them.  Yes, my wedding day was a fairytale, a royal day.  We are honored to be God's chosen creation, to be the Kings and Queens on this earth.  We are chosen to uplift one another to bring each other to a higher level of our selves.  I can truly say Brandon makes me a better person.  He challenges me to live as my true self, to never stop evolving, and he delights in my spiritual beauty.  Marriage truly is an opportunity to bring out the best in one another, to become self-actualized creations, to glorify our creator by investing in each other's true selves.  I am thankful for my marriage and to be able to see other men and women of Christ to love each other in the purest sense.    


1 comment:

Jacqueline Paris said...

Great post!! I'm calling my wedding THE wedding, and even calling my sister "Pippa" haha. It was soo much fun getting up early to watch, and I definitely feel a special connection to them, getting married in the same year.
I love that part of the Bishop's address that you pulled out, though! Very inspiring.

http://jacquelineparis.wordpress.com/

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...