Thursday, August 2, 2012

In Sickness and in Health



This past week has been filled with kleenex, unkempt hair, nasty nose blowing, and little to no energy.  I have been fighting a nasty sinus infection combined with an ear infection.  I know, nice imagery there, but I will tell you that I have the most wonderful caretaker, the hubs.  Seriously, he is the best.  

It is so nice to know that I can look terrible, sound terrible, and be completely unattractive and he will still love me.  Even with his own broken ankle he has gone out of his way to take care of me.  Whether that means getting up to let the dog out, going out to pick up dinner, or letting me have control of the remote, he wants to make sure that I am taken care of. 

Love is most demonstrated in difficult times.  I do believe that.  It is easy to love someone when things are going well, but it is a true sign of love when you are there when things aren't the best.  That goes for any relationship, platonic or romantic. Think about it.  When do you really need to feel loved?  When you are at your best or when you are in the low?  I will take it in the low.  I really am blessed to have a husband that wants me to feel loved always, even with a snot-filled tissue hanging from my nose. 

1 comment:

Brie Bemis @ Sophistifunk said...

hope you start feeling better! your husband sounds like a keeper :)


p.s. i'm your newest follower :)

xo brie
www.sophistifunkblog.blogspot.com

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...