Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ebb and Flow


Change.  It's hard to accept but easy to anticipate.  Recently a lot has changed in my life, especially in social circles and in expectations.  People come and go.  They lift you up and let you down.  The ebb and flow of life strikes and what you once had and relied on changes in an instant.  The people you could once count on are no longer fulfilling that expectation.  They move on and move out.  I am the type of person who pours myself into others, finding my worth in my relationships and I frequently find myself on the losing end.  I find that I give so much of myself in relationships that it is not so easily reciprocated.  

I've had to learn to embrace the change in life.  The times that throw you outside of your comfort zone and make you reach for something new, something more.  I heard one time in a counseling class, "If you aren't out of your comfort zone then you aren't growing".  This stuck with me.  I need to be uncomfortable for a time to embrace the new things the Lord has coming for me.  I need to lean hard on the constants in life, like family, Brandon, and my Savior, and moreover learn to embrace the change.  Change equals growth.  I know that God is going to place some incredible people in my life who will stick and who will work for His will in my life.  I want the growing pains that life brings because I know that He makes all things work together for my good.

“But forget all that—it is nothing compared to what I am going to do.
For I am about to do something new.
See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?
I will make a pathway through the wilderness.
I will create rivers in the dry wasteland."
Isaiah 43:18-19 

No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...