Friday, December 28, 2012
13 in 13
Resolutions, I've tried them. I am filled with good intentions, but I don't follow through. Why is that? Routine is so much easier than change and transition. It takes much less effort. This year I am not looking at it as a resolution because clearly that does not work. I want to be more intentional in some areas of my life and that is where I am going to focus. Instead of setting unrealistic resolutions, I'm going to pick 13 things I hope to do in 2013. Some may be similar to resolutions, but I am going to be intentional about them, more realistic. So here is my 13 in 2013.
1. Be more intentional in my personal relationship with Christ. I want to read the Bible more and focus on quiet time with Him each day.
2. Focus more on being healthy. I want to make working out a part of my weekly routine. It's not just about working out, but taking better care of my body and making time to build my confidence. My goal is to lose 20 lbs. and maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle.
3. Try to keep my house cleaner. It's no secret, men are slobs. I want to try to make it a priority to clean up after myself and encourage him to do the same. I want to take more pride in my home.
4. Try to cook at least three times a week. Yes, I know 3 is low, but I struggle to even hit one night nowadays, so I figure three is realistic.
5. Paint the master bathroom and guest bedroom.
6. Use the old window I bought and frame a photo.
7. Try 10 new restaurants around our city.
8. Start couponing.
9. Learn more about photography and take time to build a hobby of it. Less lazy time, more learning.
10. Be more intentional on doing small things that honor my husband and show him I care.
11. Be intentional in my friendships. Keeping in contact and making effort to build these relationships with women who build me up.
12. Make a budget and stick to it.
13. Run a 10k. Hopefully, the Cooper River Bridge run.