Sunday, May 15, 2011

I'm a Master


Yesterday I officially received my master's degree in school counseling!  I have been waiting for this moment for two years.  Two years of countless literature reviews, projects, papers, journal articles, and hours of professional practice.  It is a very surreal feeling and I do not feel any different or more distinguished.  The ceremony was quite boring and impersonal and my actual paper degree will arrive in the mail; however, I do know that this is a crossroads in my life, a turning point.  I am very proud of myself for this accomplishment and cannot wait to put it to use.  It was wonderful to be able to share this achievement with my family and to know that they are proud of me.  This degree and process allowed me to grow in ways that I would not be able to otherwise.  I have become less critical of myself, more trusting in the process, and more comfortable with who I am.  It is very bittersweet though because school was always my safety zone, where I felt comfortable and felt like I was achieving something.  Now, I am in limbo, with no job and really no commitments.  I have never reached a point in my life like this.  After high school I knew I was going to college.  After college I knew I was going to graduate school.  After graduate school...?  This is a time when I truly need to have faith in my God that He will come through for my next step.  I pray that the Lord will place me into a position where I can use my spiritual gifts and make a difference.  I have been extremely blessed thus far through my education and have been afforded many opportunities to succeed.  I was blessed with a full-tuition fellowship to graduate school, had wonderful professors, supportive classmates, and a passion for the subject.  My God is faithful and never lets go of His promises.  He has a plan for my life already set into motion and graduation was just the next step in His plan for me.  Remember, whenever God closes one door, He always opens another.     
Please ignore my heinous hair...it was humid and rainy

No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...