Sunday, May 13, 2012

Be Still


The daily routine, the hustle bustle, the grind, whatever you want to call it, we all get stuck in it.  We move with the flow through the demands of every day life and often do not take time to be still.  This past weekend I was able to take time and be still.  We traveled to Wilmington to see my little sister graduate from college.  We are so proud of her, but that will be another post.  Since her graduation was on Friday, we had all day Saturday to spend on the beach.  While sitting on the balcony watching the waves lap up on the shore, I realized just how blessed I am.  To be still and know that the Lord created this scene, that He is continually working on my behalf, to just be in His creation with the ones I love beside me was refreshing.  I realized I have the mobility to be able to go for a run on the beach, I have the resources to travel, an amazing family, a beautiful puppy, and little to complain about.  The joys in life quickly overwhelm all of the negatives if we will just be still and take time to point them out to ourselves.   So friends, take a few minute this week and pinpoint the joys in life.  I promise it will refresh your soul.     

No comments:

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...