Piece of laminate furniture
Plastic covering for floor
Paint color of your choice (we got lucky and found an "oops" paint in the exact color we wanted)
Brushes and mini rollers
A handy hubby
1. Find the piece of furniture you love. Consider the size, shape, functionality, etc. Don't worry about the aesthetics because that's what you are going to change.
2. Prime the bookshelf all over. No sanding required! Let the first coat completely dry then recoat with a second.
3. Once the primer is dry you can paint!
4. Let the paint dry completely. If you want to you can add some texture and distress the piece. We used sandpaper along the edges to give it a shabby-chic look.
5. Polyurethane the entire piece. This will seal the look. I recommend using a sponge instead of brush, this will avoid air bubbles.
6. Let the poly dry and voila, you have a beautiful customized piece of furniture!! I think it came out great!